Choosing the right long distance movers is very different from hiring the services of professionals for a local relocation. There are a number of aspects that need to be kept in view and if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, finding the right operators can be quite challenging. It important that the professionals you hire are well acquainted with your existing location as well as the new one.
Choose The Right Movers
You can’t just hire an inexperienced moving company to help you move all your belongings and furniture across the country. While there are a large number of long-distance movers online, it isn’t easy to determine which one will be able to provide you reliable, safe as well as cost-efficient services. Here are some pointers on how to choose your mover:
- Experience and Reputation– You can check how long the company has been in the industry. It is easy to find this information on their website. Experience is important because it gives you an idea about whether the long distance movers have handled similar moves in the past.
Crossing state borders requires a significant amount of paperwork and additional licenses, making it different from a local move. All your belongings and furniture would also have much further to travel; this makes it important for you to be certain that the company you hire is stable and well secured for the long haul. Its never a good idea to leave your long distance move to inexperienced operators.
- Reputation– In addition to checking the experience of the company, it is also important to determine what its reputation in the market is. The FMCSA website offers safety reviews; and BBB, Google, as well as YELP provide customer experience information. It’s difficult to come across a company that doesn’t have a few bad reviews. However, as long as the operator has a majority of four and five-star reviews, you can safely consider using their services.
- Referrals- When you contact the company for information, ask them for referrals. Make it a point to contact a few of these previous clients and get first-hand feedback about their services. This will give you a much clearer idea about whether the company is credible and is able to provide good quality long distance moving solutions.
- License and Insurance– This is a very important aspect that you need to look into. A national moving company should willingly be able to provide proof of their licensing and insurance, without any delay. A credible company will always have their FMCSA license number clearly displayed on their site. It will offer a full explanation of the company’s insurance as well as options for any additional insurance in case you request a quote.
- Pricing Structure- When you are getting an estimate, a verbal one is of no use. It’s vital to get a detailed, upfront quote. This should give you a clear idea about all the fees and charges associated with the service, at the outset. The other vital aspect is that you should get quotes from more than one company.
Make sure you’re comparing them on the same parameters as far as your requirements are concerned. In addition, compare them on the basis of their experience and reputation in the market. If you find that the long distance movers are just giving you a verbal estimate of costs, with no written guarantees, steer clear of them.
In addition to all these things, it important to look for red flags. For example, if the company is asking you for an unusually large deposit amount before the move, it’s something you should be wary about. Keeping these aspects in view will help ensure that you don’t get scammed and that you hire the services of credible long distance movers.