What is wire mesh?
Wire mesh is a structure that consists of rows and columns of wires that intersect with each other and make a mesh like structure. This is done both manually and with the help of machines too. The structure of metal rods which is used in the buildings is also called a mesh but it is often constructed by the workers to make the building strong and durable. Wire mesh is also used on the small level to make windows and see through doors for aeration.
There are various types of wire mesh that you should know about before you use them. The first one is the stainless steel mesh wire which is made up of steel and often used in the manufacturing of fences. Another type of wire mesh is galvanized in which the mesh of wire is dipped in the liquid zinc. This process helps to make them rust free and also helps to avoid corrosion of metal as well. Some of them can be used in electrical devices for the conduction of electricity too.
Benefits of using wire mesh:
Here are the few benefits of using wire mesh:
- The first benefit of using wire mesh in the construction of buildings is that it helps to add the durability in concrete. This is very important because it helps to make the buildings resists the earthquakes. Alone concrete cannot stand the chance to stay upright in the earthquake. Concrete does not have the ability to absorb the tension, and this is the reason these mesh wires are added in the structure to make it durable.
- The other benefit is that it is light weight because of its mesh structure. This means no matter where you use it, it will get stronger, but the weight will remain the same. This is the reason it is also used in the aircraft and other locomotives.
- It is also used for the different decorative purpose by many users too.
- Another place where the mesh wires are often used is the pathway. This is because during the rainfall, it helps to keep the area dry and easy to walk on. Many malls and offices have them in front of them to avoid splashes.
- Wire mesh is also used to fix the fences that often surround the house. Many people use it because it makes the house look attractive and aesthetic. It can also help to keep the neighbor dog out of your territory.
- On a larger scale, mesh wire is used to make the sides of the bridges to avoid various accidents.
- Due to its weight, it is easier to transport and installed. You don’t need to hire a lot of labor for that purpose.
- Often in the construction of the kitchen shelves, wire mesh is used to make it stronger. Wire mesh is also used in plumbing too. Ceilings of rooms are also designed with the help of wire mesh to make them strong and resistible to the earthquakes.